Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ruffle Shirt Re-Fashion

I  have been drooling over the ruffle fabric in this shop for some time now. 
Suck my tongue back in, wipe off my chin, drooling I tell you.

So, when I stumbled upon this delightful yellow ruffle shirt at a garage sale for a frugal $1.50, I snagged her right up.

I had a lovely size 4t onsie laying around.  One of those stock up because it's cheap at the outlet mall purchases when Stella was a baby....not really processing that she would be potty trained before it actually fit.
So, I cut up the onsie, cut up the shirt, cut up one of Tim's old gray t-shirts to make a flower... and wa-lah!
  
And while yellow isn't my first color choice, I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  I honestly thought I'd screw it up, because the fabric is stretchy, and lining it up just right was a pretty important factor.

 happy tuesday all~

2 comments:

  1. So creative, I never would have looked at that shirt and came up with that adorable dress- you truly are VERY TALENTED!!!

    ReplyDelete