Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sweater Re-Fashion -Part 3

Because I have been thoroughly enjoying cutting up my old sweaters, I thought I'd try out another sweater upcycling project with yet another trusty old gap multi-stripe goody.


I've glanced at quite a few tutorials that transform an adult size sweater, into a sweater dress for a little gal.

And I've been wanting to give it a whirl.
So, I chose a pretty easy sweater to work with....small neckline, tight yarn weave, not super long....
and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!


It went surprisingly smooth!  ie.no swear words involved

I first cut the seams up the sides of the sweater....cut off some material in an A-line shape on each side, and then sewed them back up.
.
Next,  I cut off both sleeves and chopped them down shorter, and also cut up the inside seam and cut some extra material off to tighten them up a bit.

I sewed them back onto the original armhole. 
And that's it! Wa-Lah!

Happy Thursday all~

2 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute!! Nice work :)

    I think I'm doomed if I actually have a girl - they're so much more fun to craft/sew for than boys!!

    ReplyDelete