Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pretty Pyrex

My Tim grew up loving butter.
 
Anything could be covered in a very thick layer of the yellow stuff. 
When we dated, I would watch him slather his meals, blown away by the sheer volume.
He's fortunate to have a high metabolism, :)
 
Since we married, I took ownership of making his lunch, and cooking his meals. 
His portion size has changed a bit, and his palate has grown accustomed to a much thinner layer of flavor.
 
However, he still likes his butter.
And so do the 5 other little people in this house.
 
To make it last, and for money saving purposes, I would buy a huge tub of margarine "spread", and not think twice about it.  Deep down I knew what we were eating was basically chemically altered oil, but I justified it in the name of budget...and the fact that if I looked real hard at what goes into our mouths on a daily basis, our margarine was only a small portion of the problem. 
 
I try my best to cook healthy, make sure the kids have a healthy snack, and a vegetable with dinner. I gave up boxed/convenience meals a few years back...but for Pete's sake, we like our store bought cookies and Nutty Bars, and it's really expensive and time consuming to feed a family of 7 on good whole foods all the time.
  I admire my friends who do.
 
All that being said, I am working towards a healthier us.
 
Baby steps.
We are a REAL butter family now, as I have kicked margerine to the curb. Vegetable oil is on deck.
 
And since I so enjoy sharing my good finds, naturally our butter found it's happy place in this vintage blue Pyrex dish I found at an antique mall with my parents :)
 
 
 
Happy Wednesday all~

No comments:

Post a Comment